Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Starry Starry... Bear? Fing'rs Blue Glitter

Essie's Starry Starry Night is legendary in collector circles, and is at the top of many a wishlist. It was already hard to find when I started collecting, and I ignored it for a very long time. Over time, however, my desire for Starry Starry Night began to build, but I knew that I would likely never have it. It shows up very, very rarely on eBay and when it does, it sells for a LOT more than I would be willing to pay for it. I made a comment to one of my nail buddies the other day that I really needed to find an acceptable dupe for Starry Starry Night, and she put me onto a polish that I had never heard of, Fing'rs Blue Glitter.


It was available on eBay, and it was CHEAP. Seriously cheap. I ordered it and it arrived yesterday. It comes in this cute little bear shaped bottle, see?


Given the price, I expected to be disappointed. But this polish gave up the goods. The first coat was streaky and I was prepared for a real mess to get it all evened out. I've rarely been more happy to be wrong. It evened out beautifully in two coats, but I went ahead and did three in order to build more depth with the glitter.


I don't think I've ever been so wowed by something that cost me so little. The jelly base of this polish is so perfect, and the glitter is exactly the right size and density to mimic the night sky. 



I've been staring at my nails all day. And the best part is... my desire for Starry Starry Night is basically gone. If I happened upon it, of course I would buy it. But this little baby completely and totally fulfilled that lemming for me. 



I am just amazed. And quite happy! Thank you, sweet friend who suggested this... you know who you are!


As always... thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

12 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Polishes in shaped bottles are usually really yucky but this looks sooo good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingggg :) I love it! Your pictures are flawless, as usual. Thanks for the swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah not bad for an Ebay bear polish! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that bottle!!! Love the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kristy Thank you!

    @Emily Yeah, given the shaped bottle I was really expecting the worst. I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. =)

    @All The Pretty Polish *blush* Thank you so much!

    @Jackie ^_^

    @annie Right? No complaints here!

    @imfeelingnail-venturous Yeah, the bottle is adorbs and the color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they used to sell these at walmart when I was little. I had so many bear bottles, I wish I had saved them D;

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful! Essie SSN ebay prices are completely ridonkulous, I'd never pay that much for a polish! Good to know affordable dupes exist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lacquer is a stunner!!! But a bottle is a real drama :oP

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that bottle. LOL. So ... you bought just one, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Amber Michelle Yeah, I seem to remember seeing bear polishes at Wal-Mart too. There are so many polishes from my youth that I wish I still had. =\

    @Solveig Exactly, I would NEVER pay the current price for SSN! This is a really acceptable dupe, in my opinion. Completely killed my lemming. =)

    @Pani Skeffington LOL, yes, the bottle is silly!

    @Rach I know, I know... lol. =) I got two, of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!