Monday, August 29, 2011

Orly Stone Cold

Hello, gorgeous! Stone Cold is the other polish I wanted from Orly's Mineral FX collection, and I picked it up yesterday.


I'm not sure what to call this finish. It's kind of like a glass fleck, but it's really more like very, very small flakies.


The formula is a little odd. It started off really good, but it started feeling oddly goopy by the time I got to my second hand. I think I'll add a little thinner to it next time I use it and see if that helps.



It dried totally smooth for me, which is nice. I was kind of expecting it to have a rough finish, but it's smooth with just one coat of top coat, yay!



Kind of running out of things to say here. *Derp* It's beautiful. Get it!



Macro!


And a comparison with Orly Sweet Peacock and Orly Lunar Eclipse. It's not a dupe to either of those. It does remind me a bit of Lunar Eclipse, but without the purple flash - and it's actually got much more shimmer too.



Hope the comparisons help you guys! As always, thanks for stopping by!



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is freakin' GORGEOUS! What an amazing finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I MUST have this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comparison! I have Lunar Eclipse, and I think this is similar enough that I won't be getting it. But it looks beautiful, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nola Isn't it incredible?! You'll have yours soon! =D

    @Fingers *nodnod* You must!

    @serendipitously.create ^_^

    @imfeelingnail-venturous It's such a great polish!

    @Solveig Yeah, I think if you have Lunar Eclipse, you only need this one if you're as crazy as me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comparision photos. I was wondering how close this would be to Lunar Eclipse. I think I still need it lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. @cilucia Oh yes... the finish on this one is in-freaking-credible. You need it!

    @HaulOfFame Yeah, I was a goner as soon as I saw it in the store... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This looks awesome! Is removal hard since it's like little flakies? Thanks for the comparison! It's good to know that there are no dupes (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Pris I kind of let the cotton balls with acetone sit on the polish for a bit before I tried to take it off. It was harder to remove than regular polish, but not as bad as glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!