Thursday, August 25, 2011

Orly Rock Solid

Rock Solid is from Orly's new Mineral FX collection. It is hands down the most difficult polish I've ever tried to photograph, so I apologize that these are not up to my usual standards. Rock Solid is a dark silvery grey foil type polish, but with a twist. It's infused with very fine holographic glitter particles that sparkle like nobody's business.



If you click to enlarge these, you'll be able to see some of the holo sparkle going on. (Fun fact, you can click to enlarge all my pics... just in case you didn't know!). My camera does NOT want to show you how awesome this polish truly is. It kept freaking out and wanting to make everything blurry. o.O



The formula is great. Two easy coats, not fussy at all. It is rather gritty, however, and it took me two coats of top coat to make it smooth.




I took pictures in every conceivable lighting configuration I could think of to try to show the sparkle. These last few are not entirely color accurate, so try to ignore that part and just concentrate on the sparkle.




And a macro to try to show the sparkle that way! They make me think of small sparkling Christmas lights. =)


As always, thanks for stopping by! =) Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I hope they sell it here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Can't wait til my stores start selling this new collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this polish! It looks great, and you had some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fingers ^_^

    @Trixie I hope so too!

    @Jacki I was so surprised to see it at my Sally's, I feel like they never get anything, lol.

    @Stef Yes, ma'am, you do! ♥

    @imfeelingnail-venturous Thank ya! It really was so hard to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Now I have to stalk my local Sally's lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your swatches.....they are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!