Sunday, September 18, 2011

Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

I've been wanting to try hex glitter polishes for a while now, but it seemed like most of the ones I would see had heftier price tags, like the Deborah Lippmann polishes. When Revlon released Facets of Fuchsia, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to try it without risking a lot of cash. After over a month of searching, I finally found it in stock at Target yesterday for $3.47 plus tax. Bargain!


The verdict is that I love it. It's purple (or I guess fuchsia) regular glitter and hex glitter in a black jelly base. I used three coats for full opacity, and I also used a coat of Gelous and a coat of Pro FX quick dry to smooth it all out.


I have to say that next time I wear it, I'll likely layer it over either black or a dark purple because drying time on this was on the longish side. I've had issues in the past with Revlons drying on me though, so that might not be the case for everyone. I like the amount of shimmer that built up in three coats, but I'm interested to see if it dries better if I layer it over something else. 


I really ended up liking this so much more than I thought I would. Win!


Macro for funsies!

Hope you all are having a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like this, despite your initial reservations about the messiness of hex glitter. I hope Revlon makes more hex glitter polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I need to try to track this one down! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST posted swatches of this polish too! Of course, your swatches are amazing! I mattified it, it looks really good, IMO :) Thanks for swatching, I love your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol oh thank goodness I got BR yesterday because all of these FoF posts/swatches were putting me over the edge. This looks fab on you and I'm glad you love it...even if it IS a hex glitter polish haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no you di'int! You're wearing hex glitter missy! Of course I love it on you and can't wait until my nail mail comes in so I can try it. We still don't get these Revlons in Canadaland when you guys do. Sucks having to look at such pretty swatches like yours and not be able to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just received this in a swap, and I layered it over China Glaze Urban Nights. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I"M SOOOO glad I bought this one! Now if I can just get around to using it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need this polish, it's absolutely stunning ! It looks amazing on you, great swatches, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Madeline Thanks, I do like it! I still think the number of hex glitters I'll like will be limited, but this one is a beauty. <3

    @TA Oh yes, for a $13 price difference, I'll do Revlon!

    @Courtney Hope you find it easily!

    @All The Pretty Polish I saw your swatches, and I looove how it looked matte. Totally awesome!

    @moxie345 Yes, my first hex glittah. *sheds a tear* I've wanted BR for so long, despite my reservations about hex glitters, glad I found a cheap alternative!

    @nailXchange I know, right?! I'm glad that you're getting in a swap, even though you've had to wait to get it. I really think you'll love it, despite not really being a glitter girl!

    @Pam's Girly Bits Sweet! I'm really gonna try it layered next time. It stayed squishy just a little too long for me.

    @imfeelingnail-venturous Use it, use it!!

    @Honey_lili Thank you so much, hope you get your mitts on it!

    @Drama & Makeup Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!