Tuesday, September 13, 2011

China Glaze Skyscraper

Skyscraper was released as part of China Glaze's Metro collection for fall of 2011. I resisted this polish at first. "Another blue glitter," I said. "I have Dorothy Who?" I said. "I have Absolutely Alice," I said. And as so often happens, resistance turned out to be futile because this baby is really nothing like any of those.


I guess I would call Skyscraper indigo. It isn't navy. It isn't royal. It's not purple. I've read that indigo is no longer considered a separate part of the spectrum by modern color scientists. I guess it's an orphan like Pluto now.


I'm still going to call this indigo. So Skyscraper is an indigo jelly that is positively PACKED with silver glitter. I cannot believe how sparkly this is.


The formula is pretty standard for China Glaze glitters. It was a tad on the thick side, but a couple of drops of thinner fixed it right up. I didn't even try it with just a coat of top coat to test if it's a hungry glitter or not - my assumption is that anything this sparkly will eat top coat, so what you see here is 2 coats of polish topped with one coat of Gelous and one coat of Pro FX quick dry. It's completely smooth and shiny.


I am so glad that I acquired this polish. It's completely stunning. No regrets whatsoever!


Hope this Tuesday finds you all well. Thanks for stopping by! Pin It

12 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I hope it's at Sally's on my next trip :)

    Poor Indigo and Pluto so love by the public but so hated by science

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo gorgeous!!

    P.S. - Miss you and the others on you-know-where! *hugs!!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, I completly forgot that I have one too... Thxs for swatching and refreshing my memory :o) It looks realy good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh, another one that I thought I didn't need... and infact, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I always think of indigo and Pluto together. The orphans of a modern era...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Beauty by Crystal Right? Poor Pluto and Indigo! I hope your Sally's has this one too... so beautiful!

    @Courtney *hugs* I know. Do you know about the other you-know-where? Or you-know-what? You can get in touch with me for details if you like...

    @Stef Yes, madam! You do need!

    @Pani Skeffington Success! Finally one I have that you have too! =D

    @Pixie Polish LOL... that was totally my reaction!

    @Nola =)

    @Theomanic Totally!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, don't you forget about Reclaim?! :> I'm pretty sure that we have plenty of the same green and blue babies :oP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so glad I have this polish. It is a shame I haven't got around to using it though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do, and I lurk there, but I just can't handle the format. I'm addicted to Snappy Board. *haz a huge sad*

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Pani Skeffington Doh, how could I forget about Reclaim?!? And you are right, of course... we probably have a lot of the same ones. XD

    @imfeelingnail-venturous Oh, you really need to try it. So beautiful!

    @Courtney Ah, yeah. *comforts you* It was a big adjustment. =\

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!