Thursday, September 22, 2011

Green to Blue Color Morphing Pigment

So... I ordered some color morphing pigment from a sweet Aussie blogger over at More Nail Polish, and the first of them came in day before yesterday. I frankened a top coat with the pigment, and that's what I have to show you today.


This is two coats of the franken over two coats of NYC Blackula. I love this so much.


It goes from green to aqua to a dark blue that's almost violet. I had a really hard time photographing this polish, and I couldn't capture the darkest shade very well at all.


I made a little scoop by cutting a drinking straw in half, and that's how I measured the pigment. For the franken, I used about 1/3 of a bottle of Confetti Tiara and about 2/3 of a bottle of clear. I started with 3 little scoops of the pigment, but I ended up adding more, so what you see here is 4 little scoops.





Beautiful, no? =)
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful polish and great swatches of this. Soon you will have more powders to play with too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is really pretty! i wouldn't be able to stop looking at my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Nice franken!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kitties26 Yes, I am SO excited! You are my hero for making these available! =D

    @Beanie Oh yes, I was looking at my nails full time!

    @nicelyvarnished =D

    @Fingers Thank you! It was a bit of a challenge getting the proportions right, but man... so beautiful. =D

    @Teddi Thank you, I love it so much. =)

    @imfeelingnail-venturous Thank you, ma'am! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!