Thursday, February 9, 2012

SinfulColors Cinderella

I've been seeing some buzz in the blogosphere about the latest offering from SinfulColors, Cinderella. Since I am attracted to blues above all colors, I went out in search of this last night. It took me three stops, but victory is mine!


What we have here is a light blue polish with the most stunning pink and gold shimmer. It's rather subtle and delicate, but it's definitely visible and not one of those shimmers that completely dies on the nail.


The formula is really not bad. I was expecting a nightmare given how light the shade is, but I had full coverage in three coats. It's a little thick, so I tried to let it dry a bit between coats so avoid any pulling and that seemed to work fine.


The finish is interesting. It's not a jelly, but it has a really interesting milky quality to it that keeps the polish from looking stark like so many pastels tend to do. I had considered layering it over another light blue, but I really wanted to maintain that milkiness, and I'm so glad that I did.


The dry time was average, even with three coats. I always get worried about 3-coaters that have thicker formulas, but I didn't run into any problems with it at all.


It's so awesome when a drugstore polish brand actually comes out with a great color in an interesting finish. This one is pure love. ♥
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! It's weird because I live in a small town that always gets stuff late, but I found this before I even started hearing about it on blogs/MUA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happens with one of the drugstores near where my husband is in Missouri too. It's almost like they get better saturation with the new products cause there aren't as many options or something. Very odd!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I really like this shade, and the shimmer it has! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yeah, the shimmer is really something special!

      Delete
  3. I love it Noelie! There is nothing like finally finding what you were looking for at the 3rd stop. Now...I feel the hunting itch too! I think it's contagious ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the itch... the itch is always contagious! It's really worth tracking this one down, imo. Hope ya find it!

      Delete
  4. Oh I'll be keeping an eye out for this one, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean anything I see on you I instantly want. This is no different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. That's how I feel about your nails too. You make me want stuff I would never normally wear. =p

      Delete
  6. The shimmer looks so amazing! I love it, and it looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I ended up wearing it for about 48 hours and I almost didn't want to take it off even then. Total, total love!

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!