Saturday, February 4, 2012

a-england Ascalon

The second polish I have to show you from a-england's The Legends Collection is Ascalon, named for the sword (or lance) that St. George used to slay the dragon.


Ascalon is exceedingly difficult to photograph well. It's a mid-range grey with a scattered holo effect, but it also has a slight duochrome finish that flashes from a lilac shade to having a sort of greenish tinge. The green was absolutely impossible for me to capture in these pics. The lilac flash is more evident, and it's almost like it's sitting on top of the other finish of the polish. It's really just stunning.



Lots of a-england polishes could be one-coaters, but I definitely needed two coats for Ascalon. The formula is simply perfect, just like my other a-englands, it just wasn't as pigmented as some of my others. 



I wish that I could have captured this beauty better for you guys. It's so much better in person. I own absolutely nothing like it, and I'm so glad I ordered this one along with St. George. 

The a-england Legends collection can be purchased on Llarowe when it's in stock. You can also order directly from a-england, but you currently have to do so by e-mail because the collection is not up on their site yet. The contact address is hello@a-england.co.uk. They offer free worldwide shipping, and mine took less than a week to arrive. =)

Happy Saturday! Thanks for reading!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! So pretty Noelie! I need this one now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!! free worldwide shipping is amazingly tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a unique colour, I really like it, like all the other a-england polishes :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered this the other day and I am SO EXCITED for it to come! Especially after seeing your swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, now I'm lemming more of these!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!