Sunday, February 12, 2012

Catrice After Eight

Anyone who is a fan of After Eight Thin Mints will immediately realize that this shade looks a bit familiar. =)



Catrice After Eight is a blackened green shimmer. There's the tiniest hint of blue shimmer in After Eight as well, but it's not really visible on my nails except in direct sunlight. The shade is beautiful even when the blue shimmer isn't evident though. It makes me think of plush green velvet.



The formula is first rate, just like all my other Catrice polishes. Application was completely effortless with two coats providing total opacity. The first coat looked like it was going to be pretty sheer, but it built up really well on the second coat. 


One of my favorite things about this polish is that while it is very, very dark, it is always green on my nails and never just looks like I'm wearing black polish. Polishes that just turn black on my nails are a HUGE pet peeve of mine. When I want black nails, I just wear black polish. =) 

Anyway... that's After Eight! Catrice is a line that I really wish was available in the US. Thankfully I have friends who are willing to indulge my Catrice habit in exchange for packages of goodies from the US. ^.^

Happy Sunday, folks! Thanks for reading!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This color looks great. I've bought it last friday with some other new colors by Catrice! Will be swatching and showing them on my blog soon! Good for you you have some friends in The Netherlands willing to swap with you ;-)

    Take care,
    Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imo it's one of the best shades catrice has produced. It looks superb on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks stunning on you! And if you need another girl to provide you with pretties.. just let me know ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought it this weekend:) Thanks for these awesome photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite lovely! I adore After Eight chocolate mints... soooo good!! XD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!