Sunday, February 5, 2012

Nubar Purple Rain Glitter

Nubar Purple Rain Glitter is a polish that I didn't even know I wanted until very recently. I think the primary reason for this is that it is a beast to photograph. It took a lot of experimenting with different lighting set ups to get this to photograph true to life. I took a ton of pictures before I got any that I was happy with. Most pictures I saw of Purple Rain Glitter made it look like silvery glitter in a purple base. Well, it isn't. Check it out.


Purple Rain Glitter is actually very, very fine holographic glitter suspended in a rich, sort of grape toned jelly. It's like having a million little twinkling lights on your nails.


This is three coats, one coat of Gelous, one coat of Pro FX quick dry. I'm not entirely sure that the Gelous was necessary, but I wanted this to be 100 percent smooth. The formula is fantastic and dried pretty fast given that it was three coats.


Unbelievable. I'd have bought it a long time ago if I'd realized that this was how it looked! 


Just perfect. When Nubar rocks it, they really rock it. =)

Happy Sunday, folks! Thanks for reading!
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. After seeing your pictures I really need to get this one out again. It was my favourite in 2008/2009 but I kinda forgot about it. Too bad, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is lovely. I kinda want it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! Gorgeous swatch as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I couldn't seem to photograph this properly (it gave me zombie fingers in the pictures) but it's really pretty IRL! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to stop from comming here, or my wallet enter in bankruptcy he he.
    Tuli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I haven't seen Purple Rain before, it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!