Saturday, February 25, 2012

Max Factor Fantasy Fire

If you follow nail news at all, I'm sure by now you've heard about Fantasy Fire, Max Factor's dupe of the infamous Clarins 230. Fantasy Fire is only available in the UK, but thankfully I have friends there who volunteered to obtain this awesomeness for me. =)


This is one coat over my previous mani, which was three coats of Verity Deep Violet. Just like Clarins 230, Fantasy Fire is VERY sheer. It comes in a teeny, tiny bottle, so you would never want to try to get it opaque on its own.


What we have here is a sheer purple jelly with the most insanely sparkly multichrome pigment suspended inside. It's primarily a deep red/burgundy, but it flashes to orange and even green. I was lighting challenged the day I took these pictures (the clouds kept obscuring the sun, and I haven't set up a lightbox in my new home yet). I managed to get one shot where you can see the green tinge.


Honestly, I feel like this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. The shimmer is just breathtaking. And the combination of Fantasy Fire over Deep Violet is just perfection.



I also experimented with taking some shots inside with an OTTLite bulb. While not perfect, I feel like these came out pretty good. At least I feel like I can use this as a stop gap measure until I get a lightbox set up again on days when the sun is in hiding.





*sigh* I just love this. 

Thanks for reading!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I really need to try mine. I just don't want it to finish since it's so small, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I have one on it's way to me.. can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *drools all over your hands*

    It looks so awesomesauce on you!

    I got this a couple of weeks ago, thanks to a friend in the UK and then I flew to Poland and forgot to take it with me. Ack, it's sitting there all un-swatched! It's so purdy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! I want this polish SO bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I own another similar shade from BeYu and I loved layering over a blue polish! But it looks beautiful over a purple too :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!