Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hits Speciallita Unconventional

Hits Speciallita is a Brazilian brand, the company responsible for those insanely awesome Mount Olympus themed holos that have been making their way across the blogosphere. I have a couple of the holos myself, but I haven't worn them yet. My first mani adventure is Unconventional, a violet to red duochrome.


I had a really hard time capturing the darkest color shift. It almost looks like a blackened red until you notice that the darkest shade is actually a deep bluish violet.


This is one seriously amazingly sexy polish. Here's the lightest shift I was able to capture, a bright, warm red.


Please forgive the bubbles. I couldn't see them at all until I was looking at these pics - macro is a harsh mistress. I'm choosing to blame the bubbles on the brush, which is pretty much the worst brush I've ever encountered. It's large and mop-like, while at the same time being oddly stiff. The brush in this one was also wonky with stray hairs poking out. I trimmed what I could, but yeah... the brush SUCKS.

The formula is a little on the thick side, which I'm pretty sure is exacerbated by the terrible brush. The pigmentation is great though - this is two coats, and I almost could have gotten away with one. It's nice to have a duochrome that doesn't need to be layered over another color - although I suppose layering this one might not be a bad idea given how small it is - only 6ml.

The sad thing (or the happy thing, depending on your point of view) is that even for the problems with the brush and the itsy little bottle, I do not regret buying this polish for a single instant. It's stunning in person, and these pictures absolutely do not do it justice. I'm considering buying a backup of this polish, wonky mop brush and all.


Unconventional is available on Llarowe.

Happy Thursday, folks. Almost the weekend! Thanks for reading. =)

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I love duochromes!! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is a stunner. One of the sexiest polishes I own!

      Delete
  3. the hits's brushes used to be nice, and it looks like opi's brushes.The company claims that some problems happened on factory, and here in Brazil, they are exchanging the problematics ones.But i really don't know about Llarowe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome. It's good to know that the bad brushes were a fluke and not standard. That makes me feel better about buying more of them. Thank you so much for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous one! One of the prettiest of the collectioN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so different from anything else I own. Just perfect!

      Delete
  5. Love this color! Such a vampy duochrome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is pretty, but you have to test the Dreamer or the Cutie Pie, the multichrome effect is amazing, and they look incredible in the nails.
    I really love Hits nail polishes, they are very good in my opinion!
    Tuli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added those to my wishlist! Thanks for the recommendations. =D

      Delete
  7. Now this is an original and stunning polish! I see why you don't mind the brush, I wouldn't either for a polish like this :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!