Saturday, January 21, 2012

Stargazer 305

Sometimes I love it when I'm wrong about a polish. A lovely friend sent Stargazer 305 to me as a surprise. In the bottle, it just looked like a purple shimmer - a very pretty purple shimmer, of course, but it didn't strike me as anything super amazing. It sat on my desk for a couple of days. Then I had major mani indecision the other night and started swatching polishes on one nail. When I got to Stargazer 305, my eyes almost popped out of my head.


First off, what looked like regular shimmer in the bottle turned out to be this INSANE blue shimmer that almost sits on top of the polish. It reminded me a bit of what oil looks like sitting on top of water (minus the rainbows, of course). I was turning my thumb this way and that admiring the shimmer, and that's when I saw the second surprise this polish had in store.


Oh, hai! We're a duochrome! It shifts from that deep purple to an almost fuchsia shade, and then on to a brighter pink that's almost red. I had a really, really hard time trying to capture the most extreme shift though.


Yeah. So what started out looking like an unassuming dark purple in the bottle turned out to be one of the most complex polishes I've ever owned. I took way too many pictures of the magic that is Stargazer 305, and here are some of the best ones.







Just unbelievable. 

Stargazer is a UK brand. According to their website, they do ship worldwide, but I have no idea what shipping is like. There also seemed to be a fair number of listings for Stargazer polishes on eBay when I had a look. They have some metallics that have really piqued my interest too!

Hope y'all are having a great weekend! Thanks for reading!
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. This nail polish is so very much amazing! woww!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I think my eyes would've popped out too hahah. It is wonderful and I love your pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love star gazer polishes and this one is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. How many coats? and was this over black to get the duochrome, or is that just this awesome polish on it's own? It's going on my wish list relardless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. I normally include that info, sorry about that! This is three coats on its own. Two coats was *almost* enough. It's pretty amazing. ≈)

      Delete
  5. This is stunning!!! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it looks great! I love the blue shimmer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I went on over to ebay and bought this because of your pix! Thanks...I think...enabler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too 0_0, together with a blue I had stuck in MyeBay page for a long time :D

      Delete
  8. Sooo beautiful, I need to get i! :O Your pictures are always amazing btw )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, in fact when we look the first time to the bottle we think that is just another normal nail polish, but in the nails, it's amazing.
    Tuli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang! That has got to be one of THE most beautiful polishes I've ever seen!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!