Thursday, January 26, 2012

NerdLacquer Shiny

I have to say that I am LOVING all these little boutique polish brands that are giving us such amazing polishes. Has there ever been a better time to be a polish collector than now? 

The latest brand I've tried is NerdLacquer, and I have to say I'm mighty impressed. Firstly, the fact that the polishes have themes like science and sci fi and fantasy and MONTY PYTHON just screams to a geek like me, "Buy me! Buy me!" And so I did. I picked out three of them to try, and I'm wearing the first one today, Shiny. Go Firefly!


Shiny is a pale shimmery blue with fine silver glitter and silver hex glitters. I also think that there's some tiny blue glitter in here, but I'm not positive. It's hard for me to tell even in the macro shot for sure - I actually think the darker specks in this photo are just reflections off the silver glitter.


For a glitter of this type, the formula is really great. It's slightly sheer, but JUST sheer enough that all the glitter and shimmer can be seen through the base color. I only used two coats, and I'm really satisfied with the coverage.


The pictures aren't even really doing this polish justice. It's more shimmery in person. It makes me feel like I have tiny chips of sparkling ice on my nails. Seriously... it's just beautiful.


I really can't say enough good about this polish. Great formula, beautiful and unique color, plus the theme just has me smitten.

NerdLacquer is available here. She's out of stock of a lot of the shades right now though, so you'll have to be patient. =) 
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I'm really loving these Nerd Lacquer polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this one is gorgeous! Nerd lacquers look more and more appealing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! I really want to try several of the NerdLacquer polishes (Dr. Who and Firefly, Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe... love it!! XD).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous!! I'm definitely gettin myself some nerdlacquer soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!