Thursday, January 12, 2012

Revlon Whimsical

When I heard about this dupe for Lippmann's Glitter in the Air, I searched high and low. I searched in two states and in MANY stores. Finally last night, my searching was rewarded. One for me, one for a friend. 


So what we have here is blue and pink hex glitter, plus smaller glitter that I think is round - those seem to just be silver - plus tiny blue glitter.  All of this is suspended in a sheer light blue jelly base. The glitter is fairly sparse, though as I understand it, not as sparse as it is in Glitter in the Air. The first thing I needed to do was find suitable underwear, since I abhor visible nail line. I tried it over Misa Touch the Rainbow, which actually would have worked ok, but I found a better match in Barry M Blue Moon, since it has the same milky sort of formula that Whimsical does. This is Blue Moon as a full mani.


I used one coat of Blue Moon and three coats of Whimsical. It was actually opaque at two coats, but I wanted a little more glitter, so I went with three coats.


Whimsical pulls slightly more grey on than I expected it to, but that's ok! I love this so much more than I thought I would. 


The drying time was pretty average considering that this is four coats. It was a little on the long side, but nothing horrible. I've had issues with Revlons refusing to dry on me before, so I was worried about that. It dried just fine though. =)


It's really just kind of perfect. Light and fresh looking, so delicate.


I also have to say that I think Whimsical is such a great name for this polish. I dare say that I like it even better than I like the name Glitter in the Air. And besides it being such a perfect name, it also makes me smile every time I think of it because I'm a huge Big Bang Theory fan. And to quote Dr. Sheldon Cooper, "What's life without whimsy?" 

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. This is so pretty (and I love Blue Moon!! :D It is now on my lemming list!) ^-^ So lucky to find one for you and your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo lucky! I literally searched every Bath and Body Works in a 40 mile radius for this! ... okay, maybe it was a 25 mile radius but still! It's gorgeous on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Reminds me of Sheldon as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Where did you end up finding it? My BB&B doesn't carry cosmetics and my local K-Mart didn't have, but I keep hearing it's going to be part of the permanent line & eventually show up at Walgreens and such *crosses fingers*. This is the only DL (well, copy) I really like. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @royalmilktea Whoops, I should have said! I actually saw it yesterday at both Walmart and K-mart. At Walmart it was in the core display, and at K-mart it was in the new display on an endcap. I hope you find it soon, I love it!

    @greeneyespinknails Thanks!

    @Ashesela I absolutely adore Blue Moon. =D

    @All The Pretty Polish OMG, I know! I looked everywhere, it was insane! And thanks!

    @Kirsty Soft kitty, warm kitty... =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!