Friday, July 15, 2011

Sally Hansen Ruby Sapphire

Ruby Sapphire is part of the Sally Hansen Nail Prisms line, which was first introduced back in 2002. I have coveted these since I got back into nail polish, and this is the second one I have acquired. This one came to me via swap with a sweet nail boarder (you know who you are!)


As the name suggests, Ruby Sapphire is a duochrome (really more like a multichrome) that flashes between dark, dark blue and red, while passing through pink territory on the way to red.


If you tilt your hand, you can watch the colors shift right before your eyes. It really is amazing.


These are really sheer, so this is two coats over one coat of American Apparel Passport Blue.


I say again:  Ah-maze-ing.


And for fun, I made a little animated gif to show the colors shifting as I move my hand. =D


Sometimes I think I have way too much fun with this stuff... then I remember that that's the whole point!

Happy Friday to you, and thanks for stopping by!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Noelie, stop it! Please!!!! :o)))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness! Wish they'd bring these back. Love the animation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pani Skeffington I can't stop!! There are always more to post! =D

    @KarenD Thanks! =) Yeah, I wish they'd bring them back too, along with the magicals!

    @imfeelingnail-venturous Thanks, it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I only have one polish from the Prisms line, and I think a girl like me could use a couple more. I need to hunt more down. I love the gif! So cute :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!