Friday, July 29, 2011

Nicole by OPI Canadian Star

Part of the One Less Lonely Girl (Justin Bieber) Collection from Nicole by OPI, Canadian Star is a Canadian exclusive release. I was lucky enough to procure a bottle via my Canadian polish fairy, Moxie


Was it worth the wait while she tracked it down? You bet it was. It's a glass flecked multichrome that flashes blue, purple and pink. The pink flash is fairly elusive and I had trouble capturing it in these photos, but it's definitely there. Please note: This polish is EXTREMELY sheer, so what you see here is 2 coats over Wet n Wild Black Creme. 


I've heard that it reaches something resembling opacity at about 4 coats, but 3 coats is about the limits of my patience. Hence my layering it over black. My experience with duochromes and multichromes is that layering them over a dark color tends to make the different colors pop more anyway.



Aside from how sheer it is, the application was good. This one comes with the new "perfect stroke" brush (read: mop). I actually don't mind the brush all that much, but I do prefer the narrower old style brush that Nicole used to have.



I do wonder what polish companies are thinking when they make polishes this sheer, though. I really doubt that your average person buys this, sees how sheer it is, and thinks, "Oh, no worries, I'll just layer it over black." It's probably more like, "Uh, this is trash. I'm throwing this away." It's really kind of sad how many great polishes are lost on the nail buying public at large because of things like this. 





Happy Friday, y'all! Hope your week was good. And welcome to the new folks! I'm always excited to discover that more people are here looking at my pictures and reading my posts! =) And I have something special planned when I hit 100 followers... I only need six more now! Yay!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! It kind of reminds me of Grape Set Match, but possibly prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wheeeeee!!! This polish fairy is so thrilled that you love it...she's a stunner for sure! :D

    p.s. omg why does Blogger hate me? :( it never lets me log in with my google account anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, your pictures of this one are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laura I like it better than GSM myself. It has way more of a duo/multichrome flash than GSM. They are both beauties, but different!

    @Anonymous I guess this anonymous is my Canadian polish fairy? I wonder why it won't let you log in. *sigh*

    @Kristy Thank you so much! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa! You made this look amazeballs! I know I've seen it at a couple of stores but passed on it, because of the JB thing and the price.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!