Monday, April 23, 2012

Catrice Heavy Metallilac

Recently Catrice discontinued some of their older shades and introduced some new ones, and Heavy Metallilac is one of the new shades. I actually waffled on this one, but my swap buddy Nola convinced me that I needed it, and I am so glad that she did!


I tend to struggle a bit with purples - warmer toned purples tend to make my skin almost look dirty, and that's why I was concerned about Heavy Metallilac. I think that what saves it for me is that it looks a good bit darker and cooler at the edges of my nails with that warm glowing pop in the middle. Amazing.


Application was quite good on Heavy Metallilac, as it is with most Catrice polishes I've tried. I was concerned that it would have lot of brush strokes since it is a metallic finish, but it applied pretty smoothly with only very faint brush strokes.


I will say that I wish Catrice hadn't changed their brush. The old Catrice brush was one of my very favorite brushes of all time. My nails are pretty narrow, and the new more rounded brush was almost too wide for my pinky nails. For me, this was definitely a situation of, "If it ain't broke, don't fit it." *sigh*


Here are a couple of shots I took of Heavy Metallilac in the shade. I almost feel like it looks even more metallic in the shade. Just stunning. 



Even though I'm not a fan of the new brush, Catrice remains one of my favorite polish brands. I love their assortment of colors and finishes, and the formula has always been top notch for me. I feel quite lucky to have access to them through my swap buddy. I wish that they would start distributing them in North America because I feel like they would be really popular here!

So that's it for Heavy Metallilac. Hope your week is starting off well. Thanks for reading!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh that color is amazing! /want

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this colour. I haven't worn it yet but it is lovely in the swatches! I love the brand.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!